Aromatherapy is a holistic healing treatment that uses natural plant extracts to promote health and well-being. Aromatherapy uses aromatic essential oils medicinally to improve the health and body, mind and sprit. Another word is essential oil therapy. Ancient cultures in China, India, Egypt and other places around the worlds incorporated aromatic plant components in resins, balms and oils.
What Vessels Assist in Aromatherapy Delivery?
Aromatherapy works through the sense of smell and skin absorption. There are several ways vessels can be used for aromatherapy.
Diffusers and candles are the most commonly and the most effective way . Essential oils are dropped into a diffuser vessel and the mist will release fragrance into the air. Many people like burning candles. Soy candles infused with essential oils is another way to smell the scents as one is embracing this process.
Bath salts made with essential oils is a great self-care way to embrace the process of aromatherapy as well. Body oils, cremes or lotions that have various essential oils add another level of the aroma onto oneself. Topical applications can also be effective while enjoying a light scent of the essential oils through the day.
Beauty products can act as vessels to experience the process of aromatherapy. Clay masks, facial steamers and various compresses can be uses as spa treatments infused with essential oils. Aromatherapy is not always about smelling the scents, sometimes it is embracing them in a more luxurious manner.
Aromatic spritzers or inhalers is another way to embrace the aromatherapy concept. The spritzers are a great way to introduce the scents into various spaces like vehicles, rooms, gym bags and small spaces. Inhalers are another option but you will need to consult your doctor before using this method.
Aromatherapy has been used for over a thousand years. The list of benefits have been explored and defined. The advantages that are most commonly reported are.
1. Aromatherapy can help improve the quality of sleep via the combination of the scent of lavender and chamomile.
2. Pain management is another benefit reported by a lot of users. Find creams that include rosehips to assist in the management of pain.
3. Using different essential oils is another commonly reported benefit for help in relieving headaches and migranes. Diffusers with peppermint and eucalyptus help the best as research has shown.
4. Looking to find a holistic treatment to reduce stress, agitation or anxiety? Consider using a diffuser with a combination of clary sage and sandalwood essential oils.
5. Research has shown that aromatherapy is also a great holistic way to fight bacteria, viruses and fungi. Peppermint and tea tree oils are the two best oils to consider putting into one's favorite vessel. A lot f body creams have these two oils in them.
6. Sore joints can be a daily pain for some individuals. There are some essential oils that can help alleviate the soreness. Look for creams that include juniper berry or eucalyptus.
7. Aromatherapy has been used for patients going through chemotherapy to alleviate the side effects by smelling certain scents including lemon and ginger.
Most Popular Oils for Aromatherapy
Great South Bay Candles wants to give you the top oils that are used in the process of aromatherapy.
- Clary Sage
- Roman Chamomile
- Tea Tree
- Ylang Ylang
Several of our clients have been embracing the benefits of Aromatherapy via the candles in the scents that they desire for self-care or at home spa treatments. Enjoy the fragrances that inspire you to be the best version of yourself.