Aromatherapy is a holistic healing treatment that uses natural plant extracts to promote health and well-being. Sometimes it's called essential oil therapy. Aromatherapy uses aromatic essential oils medicinally to improve the health and body, mind and sprit. It enhances both physical and emotional health. Ancient cultures in China, India, Egypt and other places around the worlds incorporated aromatic plant components in resins, balms and oils.
What Vessels Assist in Aromatherapy Delivery?
There are many different vessels that can be used in the aromatherapy process. Aromatherapy works through the sense of smell and skin absorption, so the vessels vary.
For those that wish to use the delivery of smell, diffusers and candles are the most commonly used. Essential oils being dropped into the water for the diffusers is the most effective for the process. Burning soy based candles that have been infused with essential oils is another way to smell the scents as one is embracing this process.
Bath salts that are made with essential oils is a great self-care way to embrace the process of aromatherapy as well. One can use body oils, cremes or lotions that have various essential oils to add another level of the aroma onto oneself. Topical applications can also be effective for those who enjoy a light scent of the essential oils through the day.
There are also beauty products that can act as vessels to experience the process of aromatherapy. Clay masks, facial steamers and various compresses can be uses as spa treatments infused with essential oils. Aromatherapy is not always about smelling the scents, sometimes it is embracing them in a more luxurious manner.
One can locate vessels such as aromatic spritzers or inhalers as a way of embracing the aromatherapy concept. The spritzers are a great way to introduce the scents into various spaces like vehicles, rooms, gym bags and small spaces. Inhalers are another option to be considered but you need to consult your doctor before using this method.
Benefits of Aromatherapy
Over the thousand of years that aromatherapy has been in use, the list of benefits have been explored and defined. Let's explore some of the advantages that are most commonly reported.
1. Aromatherapy can help improve the quality of sleep via the combination of the scent of lavender and chamomile.
2. The management of pain can be also a wonderful benefit that is reported by a lot of users of this process. Finding creams that include rosehips to assist in the management of pain.
3. Treatment of headaches and migraines from a few different essential oils is another commonly reported benefit. Diffusers with peppermint and eucalyptus help the best as research has shown.
4. Looking to find a holistic treatment to reduce stress, agitation or anxiety? Consider using a diffuser with a combination of clary sage and sandalwood essential oils.
5. Research has shown that aromatherapy is also a great holistic way to fight bacteria, viruses and fungi. Peppermint and tea tree oils are the two best oils to consider putting into one's favorite vessel. A lot f body creams have these two oils in them.
6. Sore joint can be a daily pain for a lot, but there are some essential oils that can help alleviate the soreness. Try to find creams include juniper berry or eucalyptus.
7. Aromatherapy has been used for those going through chemotherapy to alleviate the side effects by smelling certain scents including lemon and ginger.
Most Popular Oils for Aromatherapy
Great South Bay Candle wanted to ensure that the top oils that are used in the process of aromatherapy were listed to ensure that one has as much information about this topic.
Top oils are:
- Clary Sage
- Roman Chamomile
- Tea Tree
- Ylang Ylang
We hope this blog has been enlightening in one way or another. Several of our clients have been embracing the benefits of Aromatherapy via the candles in the scents that they desire for self-care or at home spa treatments. Enjoy the fragrances that inspire you to be the best version of yourself.